If your direct debit regular payments have failed twice, and your account remains overdue, then your account will automatically be disconnected on the 15th day from your invoice date.
We send plenty of email warnings before we disconnect customer accounts and if your payments are failing. We don't disconnect on a non-working day if the 15th day happens to be a non-working day.
If customers are struggling to make the payments, and their payments are failing, please get in touch so we can see what options exist.
Please don't leave things to the last minute. Contact us before your service is disconnected.
Making the emergency card payment to bring your account up to date
You will need access to the internet and a web browser to make the emergency payment. Therefore please ensure you make this emergency payment BEFORE the 15th day, as if you don't have internet access on another device, then it may not be possible to make this emergency payment.
- Log in to the customer portal
- Click on "View Bills, Payments & Amend Payment Details"
- Locate the overdue/failed bill and click on "Pay Invoice Now"
- Select the credit/debit card you would like to make this payment with.
- If there is a different card you'd like to use, close the window and add a new card.
- To add a new card, click "Add new debit/credit card".
- Add your card details.
- Once added, go back to "Pay Invoice Now" and select this new card to make the payment.
The timeline of service suspension due to non-payment
- Bills are emailed to you 7 days before their invoice/payment date.
- Direct Debit is scheduled to collect the bill payment on the invoice day, or next working day afterwards. You will receive a separate E-mail confirming the direct debit charge and date 7+ days before the payment is collected.
- If your first direct debit payment fails, then you will receive two emails confirming this. One from our direct debit provider and one from our billing system.
- We shall retry your payment again for a 2nd and final time. Due to direct debit timings, this may take 4 working days to process. You shall receive an email confirming the date and amount of this 2nd attempt.
- If this 2nd and final attempt fails, you shall receive two emails. One from our direct debit provider, and one from our billing system.
- As we only try to collect payments twice, we won't make further attempts - as this costs us each time, and if you have no money in your account, this is not an effective process.
- Therefore, in the 2nd payment failure email we advice you of this, and instruct you to make a manual payment by credit/debit card from the customer portal.
- If you do this before 15 days from the invoice date, then your account will remain active.
- However if you fail to make this manual payment, then your account will automatically disconnect 15 days from your bill date (or the next working day afterwards).