We appreciate that from time to time you may need to move home. A change your personal life or new job can all influence a relocation.
Giganet aims to be as flexible as we can when it comes to home moves.
Moving Home = Cease and Re-provide
With full fibre broadband, the absolute minimum term being 12 months, and the limited coverage available (currently 3 million premises as of mid-2020), the way that home moves are processed is with a cancellation first, and if we can provide a full fibre connection at your new home, then a new order is placed against this.
If you can get a Giganet full fibre connection at your new address, then there's sadly no way that we can discount your early termination fee (if you move in the first 12m). The reason being that we're in a contract ourselves for 12 months, and we'd be out of pocket otherwise.
We can however provide a £30 discount off your first invoice if you re-use your Giganet router however.
We also don't charge VAT on any early termination charges. So if you are not VAT registered, then there will be a 20% discount due to us not charging you VAT.
Early Termination Charges for 12 month minimum term packages
(Remaining months (or part thereof) until 12m minimum term anniversary) X (Giganet monthly charge excluding VAT)
Are you on a 24 month min term package?
If you are, please see this page for further details and our Move Guarantee Service.
Moving during initial 12m contract, 12m min term, Giganet full fibre available at new address
- You have a 12 month minimum term with Giganet
- You are planning to move at the end of month 8
- Your new home can get a Giganet Full Fibre service
- We calculate the remaining months (or part thereof) remaining until the expiry of the 12m period from the date that you move out.
- E.g. you move at the end of month 8 of the service, so there are 4 months remaining.
- We bill you the remaining months of the service - however we do not charge you the VAT element of these.
- E.g. if the monthly charge is £45/month (inc VAT), and you have 4 months remaining, then we will bill you £37.50 x 4 months = £150 (ex VAT).
- VAT is not due (or recoverable if you are VAT registered).
- The early termination invoice is due for payment on the date of disconnection, and will be collected by Direct Debit on the date that you request the termination for.
- You proceed to place a new order for the full fibre service at the new address on our website.
- We shall apply a £30 credit on your first invoice if you are able to re-use your Giganet router.
- For technical users, we can re-assign your existing public IP addresses on request.