Giganet offers a lifetime price promise for all our home broadband contracts.
This means that your rental charges will not automatically increase at the end of your minimum contract period.
This means that you won't have to 're-contract', 're-sign', 'threaten to leave to get a discount', or anything similar that you may have had to do with your previous provider to get the lower price at the end of your term. Instead your charges will remain the same as they were during your minimum period, and to leave you just need to provide 30 days' notice.
Spirit of the "Lifetime Price Promise"
- Lure you in with special pricing only to hike your charges when you're out of contract.
- Subsidise your minimum contract period pricing with the aim that we'll make our profit once you are paying the higher charges once you're out of contract.
- Use our broadband pricing as a loss leader with the hope to make profit from you by selling other services.
We hate exceptions, but we've tried to make them as reasonable as possible.
Our lifetime price promise is covering aspects within our control, but sadly there can be somethings outside of our control which may cause us to change our prices. Examples:
- If the government increase VAT or introduce a tax/levy that would apply to delivering services
- If our supplier increases the cost price to deliver the service to you.
- We will always try to absorb these costs as much as we can, but in some cases we will be left with little choice but to pass on in some circumstances.
For point 2, you will be allowed to leave without penalty, even if you are still within your minimum contract period if you fail to accept the change.