In very rare instances, there may be scenarios where there is insufficient capacity to deliver some types of Giganet UltraBEAM full-fibre FTTP services. This will almost always affect different customers based in different locations rather than affecting all customers.
This article describes the network/backhaul capacity issues rather than the physical usable fibre capacity issues.
The reasons are almost always temporary and will soon be resolved with the additional network capacity being put in place following your order.
Sometimes, due to the complexity of the case, it may take longer, and sadly we cannot provide in the vast majority of cases an anticipated completion date.
This could be for a variety of different temporary reasons:
- The speed or bandwidth of the UltraBEAM service you have chosen results in us or our wholesale partners not having enough capacity on their network to deliver the connection.
- For example, you have chosen a UltraBEAM 500 or UltraBEAM 1000 service, and there's only network capacity to deliver UltraBEAM 300 and below services at this time.
- You could opt to take a lower speed (bandwidth) service until the network capacity has been increased, paying the lower charge, and upgrading later.
- If you choose this approach, then you will be charged the higher fee for the faster service once the upgrade is completed, there is no re-grade charge if you were affected by this capacity issue, and there will be no impact to your minimum term.
- A new physical fibre cablelink in the local fibre exchange needs to be installed by us or our wholesale partners to satisfy the connection.
- This will prevent any new FTTP orders from taking place.
- The lead time for this is usually 30 working days to be resolved depending on when the new physical cablelink was ordered. During this time, there is no temporary fix to provide a connection before this can be provided.
If we advise on your order that there are network capacity issues, then you will have choice on how to proceed:
- Cancel the order without penalty and for a full-refund
- Continue with an order for a lower speed (bandwidth) if this is an available option advised, and upgrade later if required.
- Continue with the order, and wait for the upgrade works to complete before having the connection. This may take considerable time - often many many months.