Firstly, it's great that you are in an area where Openreach FTTP full-fibre broadband is being installed.
The bad news is that we are unable to provide an indication of when you're likely to be able to place your order, apart from saying that it should be soon if you can see the Openreach engineers physically installing the fibre infrastructure.
We previously did receive information about dates that customers would be able to order services, however due to a variety of issues that result the fibre infrastructure installation be delayed, it's now proven too unreliable to be able to provide dates to prospective customers.
We can't even provide a "in the next week/month/three months" advice, as even these broad dates have proven inaccurate.
The advice that we are being provided by Openreach is that we should check regularly to see if the service can now be ordered.
"How will I know when I can order?"
- Keep checking your address on our website every month.
- Once it's available, you will see UltraBEAM services appear and an order button appear.
- Sign up to our proactive FTTP full-fibre checker.
- There's a link and contact form to complete after you've completed a check and no FTTP full-fibre is available.
"What delays/issues may they face that delays the date beyond their anticipated go-live date?"
- Collapsed ducts preventing them from installing the new cables and fibres down your street.
- Telegraph poles that are unsafe to climb, or can't take the added weight of the new fibre cables, and so need to be replaced.
- The local authority/council may delay or hold up any street works/traffic management that may be required.
- And all the completely unexpected things like bad weather to things like a global pandemic emergency!