Due to the ongoing national COVID-19 restrictions, there have been some changes on full fibre broadband installations, affecting existing in-flight orders as well as any new orders.
Openreach are usually able to provide your connection within about 3 weeks. In some areas, we are currently seeing first connection dates 6 weeks or more after placing orders.
Please note: this is an Openreach capacity limitation. You will not be able to get connected faster by any ISP using Openreach full fibre.
In addition, this date may be delayed further if your install is not straightforward, or requires any clearance of blocked ducts, replacement of telegraph poles etc.
Openreach Engineering Video
An Openreach engineer will need to enter your property briefly to finalise the new connection once the fibre optic cable has been brought across from the nearest connection point in the street.
For your safety, as well as the Openreach engineer, please watch this video before the engineering visit and follow all instructions on the day of the install.
Is it safe for Openreach to visit my home for the install?
Openreach's engineers will:
- Minimise the amount of time spent indoors performing the installation work. This may mean that they will install the connection in a room closest to the external wall where the fibre cable enters.
- Request that you open all windows and doors in the rooms that the engineers are to be working in
- Request that you vacate the room in which the Openreach engineer is to be working in.
- Request that you wipe down any surfaces that the Openreach engineer is likely to be near
- Wear PPE
- Clean/wipe any surfaces they have come into contact with
If you or a member of your household has signs of COVID or is self-isolating, then the installation will not proceed. You must let us know beforehand.
My installation date has been pushed out to several weeks' time, can I cancel?
Customers may cancel their order if they are within their cooling off period.
Are migrations affected?
As migrations do not require any engineering visits, they are unaffected and therefore the usual lead times apply. This is currently 11 working days minimum.
Are activations affected?
As activations do not require any engineering visits, they are unaffected and therefore the usual lead times apply. This is currently 11 working days minimum.