Giganet offers limited compensation for home broadband connections.
This is not automatically paid. You must claim within 14 days of an eligible event.
There are exclusions and exceptions.
Giganet is not signed up to the voluntary Ofcom Auto Compensation Scheme. We may decide to in the future.
To claim, please E-mail us. Our contact details here.
- Home Broadband services
- Broadband services provided to customers that have 10 or fewer staff members.
- Services provided over the Openreach network
If your service completely stops working and the fault is not fixed within two working days (you’ll need to report the fault to us), you’ll then automatically receive £8 per day for each additional day until the fault is repaired.
So, for example, if you report a fault to us, but it takes us four working days to fix, you will be able to claim £16 (2 x £8 per day).
We know how frustrating missed and cancelled appointments can be. That’s why, if an engineer doesn’t turn up for a scheduled appointment, or the appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice, you’ll be able to claim £25 compensation on your account per missed appointment.
If you’re promised that a new service will go live on a given date and it doesn’t, and this is not caused by MBORC (matters beyond our reasonable control), you’ll be able to claim £5 per day (including the missed start date) until it does.
- Delayed Repair:
- Covers faults caused by factors inside our control (or that of our provider).
- Delayed provisioning:
- If you miss an appointment then you can't claim delayed provisioning due to this.
- If there are factors outside our reasonable control preventing us from installing your connection, then it may not be possible to award this compensation.
- Compensation is paid in the form of a credit on your account. It has no cash value. If you leave us and your account is still in credit, this will not be paid in cash to you.
- You need to report your claim within 14 days of the qualifying incident. If you fail to request this within this period, we are unable to process your claim and you will irrevocably lose your ability to claim against this incident.
- For provisions or repair that are impacted by MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control), or that of our supplier, then no claims are possible.
- E.g. if there is a major flood that has taken your connection offline, then no compensation is due for this.
- You must e-mail us your claim. All other contact mediums are not acceptable.
- It can take from 1 to 2 months to process your claim, as we make our claim with the supplier. We will keep you updated with your claim.